This week marks the release of Cindy Pon’s latest novel, Want. To celebrate, I’ve compiled a wallpaper post based on the cover of Want, along with a couple from her previous series, Serpentine.
Although the publishing world is getting better every year in terms of representation, it’s still rare to see an Asian face grace the cover of any YA books. I’ve been loving the covers of Cindy’s more recent novels, gorgeously illustrated by Zachary Schoenbaum (for Serpentine) and Jason Chan (for Want).
Cindy’s debut, Silver Phoenix, was also the first YA fantasy novel I read with a Chinese protagonist – I remember cherishing it for telling me a story that was at once fresh and nostalgic. Being able to see yourself is a powerful thing, and it was Cindy’s book that propelled me to begin my first (but very short-lived) book blog. I just celebrated my 2nd year of blogging on Read at Midnight yesterday, and I am glad to share my blog birthday with Cindy’s latest novel!
As always, a couple of house rules:
- The wallpapers are set for iPhone 6S, but should work across a range of smart phones. They’re free for personal use.
- All characters belong to Cindy Pon. Illustrations of the characters are by Zachary Schoenbaum (for Serpentine) and Jason Chan (for Want).
- Please do not edit, repost, redistribute the images, or claim them as your own.
- Find more information on Serpentine, Sacrifice, and Want on Goodreads!
- If you enjoyed my work, please consider buying me a cuppa or two via Ko-fi! All donations will go towards image licensing for my next shareable graphics project, so we will all benefit ❤
- Find more of my free book-related designs here.
- If you enjoyed these free graphics and want to support me, you can find me on Society 6.
- Alternatively, you can commission me for your custom graphics by contacting me.
- Finally, you can grab me a cuppa via Ko-fi here.