I knew that I would make a graphics post for this book as soon as I saw the cover. Feifei Ruan’s artwork is actual magic. The book is endlessly quotable and so vivid in imageries. Bring those two things together and I simply can’t help myself.
I have a new phone now, so these are larger than the ones I’ve always made ❤
- Characters and quotes belong to the brilliant Joan He.
- The phone wallpapers are free for your personal use only.
- Please do not edit, repost, redistribute the images.
- They are made for iPhone XS, but should fit most smartphones.
“Tyrants cut out hearts. Rulers sacrifice their own.”
A++ leadership advice, would follow to the ends of the earth. I grew up watching c-drama featuring court intrigues and warring concubines, so seeing Descendant of the Crane play with and subvert these tropes was an absolute delight.
Carve your path path, little bird.
While the coming-of-age meets weight-of-destiny is a common narrative structure in fantasy, I loved how it was written in this book – especially because so much of it was focused on family and its complicated ties. Although Hesina’s father was never physically present in the novel, his decisions and his mentorship guided the novel through twists and turns.
But in trying time, truth is the first thing we betray.
Speaking of betrayals, this book has taught me to never trust again. Godspeed, friends, as you make your way through all of the intrigue and reveals of this novel.
- Find more of my free book-related designs here.
- If you enjoyed these free graphics and want to support me, you can find me on Society 6.
- Alternatively, you can commission me for your custom graphics by contacting me.
- Finally, you can grab me a cuppa via Ko-fi here.
Descendant of the Crane is set to release on April 9, you still have time to submit your preorder receipts for character art cards! Fly, friends!