As the release date for the Cursed Child draws closer, I wanted to write some blog posts focusing on Harry Potter and what it means to me. I asked around on twitter and several others wanted to join in, so I declare it Potterhead July Blog Festival Time!
Each day between the 1st to 31st of July 2016, we will host a series of blog posts across all the different blogs, each discussing an element of Harry Potter that is near and dear to our heart.
How To Join
- Sign up via the Google Form below, choosing your preferred dates of posting.
- SIGN UP NOW CLOSED as we already have 80 people onboard. If you really want to be squeezed in please shoot me an email readatmidnightreviews at gmail dot com OR DM me on twitter (@readatmidnight).
- Full schedule to be posted shortly after.
- Anyone can join, as long as you have a blog to host your post on! I do not care whether you’re new or veteran, young or old, as long as you’re interested in Harry Potter.
- I will maintain a directory of all the different posts somewhere on this page.
I can write Harry Potter discussion prompts for days, but here’s a couple to get you thinking. You can obviously write your post on anything to your heart’s content.
Blog Post Prompts example:
1. Hogwarts Houses: Do they create division or unity?
2. Fandom-Created Shipping: What drives fan interpretations?
3. Snape: Villain or Hero? Thanks Rita Skeeter
4. Your head-canon of Maurauder days or new gen kids
5. How has HP shaped your reading experience.
6. House Pride Post: Which house are you in? Why do you love it?
7. Character Appreciation Post: write all about your fave!
8. New readers: experience on reading an instant classic of our time after it’s all over.
9. Hopes and Fears on HP spinoffs such as Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts
10. Collector’s Showcase: let us see your book collection (we all know you have multiple editions of HP) and merchandise.
11. Diversity in Harry Potter: how do you feel about the post-series additions.
12. From Book To Screen: how do you feel about the movie adaptations and which was your favourite of the films?
13. Fanfiction Recs/Fan Art or Fan Graphics post.
14. Your journey with Harry: memorable life events revolving the book e.g. Release nights, signing, events, visiting Universal Studios.
15. From Muggles to Wizard: why do all muggleborn children like Hermione choose the wizarding world, can you imagine one that won’t?
16. Wizard VS Muggle bigotry and how the book dealt with it.
17. Slytherins & Their Portrayal in the book.
18. Sirius Black: Good Godfather?
19. Remus Lupin: the last of the Maurauders & his insecurities
20. How HP series deals with bullying: from the outright eg Snape to Harry & co. to the more subtle.
21. The Family Dumbledore made: his relationship with Hagrid and Harry.
22. Dumbledore’s Choices and Mistakes.
23. The Sorting: assign all your fave characters from other series to a House
24. Parallels: Between Harry/Voldemort, Harry/Neville, and all the other characters.
I would love to see varied posts but of course, you can choose whatever you’re most passionate about, I don’t mind double ups on post ideas!
Google Sign Up
Please fill this out if you’re interested in joining!
Hope to see you all there, I am already so excited to see everyone’s post! Let me know of any comments or questions on the form or in the comments below ❤ It would be a fantastic chance to meet some new bloggers and relive the magic before the release of Cursed Child!