I can hardly believe it, but it’s been one entire year since I started Read at Midnight. Thank you so much to everyone who has visited, interacted, and supported this blog in these twelve months. Every day, I wish that I started blogging sooner and found all my like-minded bibliophiles a little bit earlier!
- Never be afraid to interact with new people, even that super uber popular blogger you admire from afar is a person, and they would love a chance to connect!
- I blog best when there are no schedules or demands, it’s OK to not read for a week, or to disappear and not post for a month or so – people will understand.
- Social Media is a black hole, as much as I love twitter and Instagram, sometimes it’s good to step back. I don’t have to comment on every single *~drama~* of the day.
- It’s incredibly rewarding to give back to the community. Recommend a new blog, rave about a lesser-known book, comment on a post you love, donate some books, create fan work, it will open doors to so many opportunities!
- Don’t stress too much about those ‘guides’ or ‘how-tos’ about blogging, if what you’re doing feels right – then keep steaming full force ahead.
- The people is always my favourite part. I have loved talking to you all, meeting some of you in person, and fangirling over books with you these past months.
- I am blown away by all of the growth for Read at Midnight. It is all thanks to you lovely people and I cannot stress this enough. Within this first year I’ve seen:
– 857 WordPress and Email Subscribers
– 312 Bloglovin Followers
– 48,890 Views on the blog
– 1986 Followers on Twitter
– 880 Instagram Followers
Ultimately, it’s all a testament to how wonderful the community has been to this blog. I love you all!
- All the support that has gone into my small business ventures such as the Society 6 store and Graphics Design service. I’m still blown away that people like my graphics enough to want to buy them.
- Thank you for all the friendships I have fostered, there are too many to name and I am terrified of my scatter-brained leaving someone I adore out. You know who you are and trust me when I say I adore you ❤
- I am so grateful to rediscover my love for books. Prior to blogging, I was reading one book a month. If I was lucky. I read at least 100 over the past year, which is at once terrifying (because omg my poor wallet) and wonderful (because omg books). This community makes me want to read everything ever and it is amazing!
- Whenever blogging gets hard, I just have to go and read one of your well-written reviews or discussion posts to get right back into it again. Thank you for keeping my passion alive.
- I am currently hosting Potterhead July, a blog event aimed to bring together Harry Potter fans and mingle old and new blogs alike. I want to do more of these events in the future to connect and meet fellow book lovers!
- I have recently become completely obsessed with Bookstagram, I wish I became active in the community earlier. I revived my account about a month ago and I am having so much fun taking photos and mingling with bibliophiles in a new setting. Join me there?
- Although I will still be reading loads of YA and fantasy, as usual. I also want to broaden my reading horizons because there are so many genres out there and I don’t want to be limited to a single section of the bookstore.
- To expand my graphics store and skills, I love creating fan graphics for all the books I love and all the beautiful blogs out there!
- To maintain a connection with each and everyone of the lovely people who visits this blog. I know I have been a bit behind on commenting lately, but I promise I will get back to you ❤
As a thank you to all my followers, here’s two giveaways!
- 18 years or over, unless you have parental permission.
- International as long as Book Depository and Society 6 ships to you.
- No giveaway accounts, I’ll know which you are.
- Products will be delivered to you by Book Depository and Society 6. I will not be accountable for lost or damaged products.
- There will be one winner per giveaway. Drawn on 15/7.
- If winners do not respond within 48 hours, I will pick another.
GIVEAWAY ONE: $30 AUD Book Depository Order.
Note: Australian residents can also claim a Dymocks, Bookworld or Booktopia voucher of equivalent value.
I want to thank you all again for making this year so special, and good luck with the giveaway!