I can hardly believe only six months have passed since I started Read At Midnight – to me, it feels longer! Hats off to all of you who have been able to maintain and engage with your blog for years and more! This blogoversary comes a little bit belated, due to my recent vacation and road trip – the official date is actually 13th December. Let’s not get that small technicality get in the way of the celebration!
I am hugely proud of what Read At Midnight has achieved over the past 6 months, thanks a million to everyone who have made these numbers possible:
WordPress and Email Followers: 606
Bloglovin Followers: 210
Twitter Followers: 1061
Instagram Followers: 300
Total Pageviews: 26960+
Unique Visitors: 9220+
Total Number of Comments: 4600+
Thank you so much to every one who has followed, commented, and viewed this blog! I can’t put into words how much I appreciate you guys.
The reason why I continue to push along with blogging – aside from my passion for books – is the wonderful community that I’ve befriended through the past six months. Now, I really dislike listing people individually because I’m a scatter brain who will inevitably miss someone I adore – but here are some of the people I really owe this past half a year to:
- Thank you to Alyssa for being one of my first followers, and for all of your kindness and support! Your love and dedication to spreading knowledge about Chinese history and mythology makes me smile!
- Thank you to Jenna for being one of my first and more firm friends in blogging. I can always count on you to goad me with pictures of watermelon cakes or push books I never knew I would love! So excited for us to meet in person in 2016.
- Thank you to CW, my fellow kiwi and one of the most thought-provoking bloggers about. She also has wicked art skills!
- Thank you to Jeann for firstly being blogging goals, then for being one of the best people ever! You’re the first blogger I met up with in real life, and our breakfast date was so much fun!
- Thank you to Faye for being the first commenter on my blog – and thank you for embracing me into the Potato family!
- Thank you to Rashika and Aimee for being awesome cobloggers, I can hardly believe I write blog posts along such smart and fierce women!
- Thanks to Nick, always, for her sincerity, her authentic friendship, her steadfast honesty, her support!
- Thanks to the ladies of Books with Chemistry: Vane, Evelyn, Tash – their sass is most impressive, and have been instrumental in weeding out the weak from my TBR pile.
- Thanks to Joey, you and your posts never fail to make me laugh or think or both.
- Thanks to Jesse for his uncanny ability to mirror my fangirly thoughts in every way.
- Thanks to gorgeous Josie, who is beautiful inside and out, it’s been a privilege getting to know you!
- Thanks to Summer for her warmth and comment-bombs!
- Thanks to Kynndra for your warm heart, wit, and flawless taste in books! Your reviews have guided me to so many new worlds.
- Thanks to Ashley and Lydia for always being ready to engage in any dialogue on the blog, I’ve learned so much from your discussions and your posts.
- Thank you to the phenomenal Oz blogging community: Kelly, Emily, Cait, Eugenia, Chiara, Joy, Glaiza, Melanie, Gina, Brittany, Meleika, Jaz, KJ, Rebecca, Brett and countless others, for their friendliness, intelligence, and fierce devotion to home grown authors.
- Thanks to all the teen bloggers for renewing my faith in the world’s future through their passion, their voices, their fierce intelligence. Aila, Rachel, Mishma, Alexandra, you absolutely own the YA community and you are so inspiring!
- Thanks to every single blogger who has supported by Design Shop! Nick and Nereyda, Lisa and Becca, Kristen, Kristy, Jodie, Aila, Sajda. My book budget praises your light every day.
There are so many more people that has all my gratitude, but if I keep going on this post will never end. Please don’t take it personally if I didn’t name you, I love every single person that reads or comment on this blog!
As with all celebrations, I would like to host a small giveaway for a Book Depository order up to $30AUD in value!
- Open Internationally (Book Depository listed countries)
- 1 winner will be drawn on 31st January (the day my book buying ban ends…)
- Rafflecoptter Link!
55 thoughts on “6 Months Blogoversary & Giveaway”
A couple of weeks ago, a schoolteacher stopped by our blog to thank us for a list of recommendations of YA books set in various places around the world. She said it helped her create a diverse reading list for her students for 2016, and that they’re pretty much instructed to pick out whatever they like from our recommendations. And like a little baby that I am, I sat down and BAWLED. That was just the loveliest comment I think I could have ever hoped to get. And that was my absolute proudest blogging moment of EVER.
Congratulations on your 6-month-versary, Antee! I feel so privileged to have found you so soon. I’m usually the last to find the really good stuff. Except now. Because this blog is really good stuff. ❤
Aww, Aentee, you’re so sweet for mentioning us. I also appreciate you coming to our blog first, so we could discover both the awesomeness of your blog and yourself. ❤ And wow, only 6 months and so much success. Congrats!
I haven’t been blogging for very long, but probably when my friend Paige said yes to owning my blog with me 🙂
Congratulations!! It is still hard to believe you are so new- you’re such a pro at this! I have loved getting to know you here and on The Social Potato, and especially your amazing designs! You should be so proud of all you have accomplished 😀
Oh gosh, I’m late for this… happy 6 months blogiversary 🙂